Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pomp & Circumstances

I like Edward Elgar. He seems to offer something to every graduate. You know - that somewhat annoying Pomp & Circumstance. It kind of represents the slow, agonizing way in which you get your diploma. It even has words! Dah. Duh-duh-dah. Dah-duh. Da. Duh-da-dah-duh. You get the point. And then they filed out to March of the Priests - uplifting, but not motivating. May I suggest something more along the lines of Super Mario Bros. Theme or perhaps something upbeat like, It's Over by Hawk Nelson, or We Shine by Stellar Kart.

My niece Briana, happened to sit with me and wasn't afraid of being happy for a photograph.

Neither, was Krista (Melissa's cousin), who is a closet philosopher if you just give her some Italian food, coffee and a book title.

Speaking of Italian food. I am still full from Buca di Beppo's. I rawther enjoyed the Apple Gorgonzola, Cesar Salad, Ravioli, Spaghetti, and Coconut Cake. Here we are, minus the white tie and black mortarboard.


Right now, I'm distracting myself from packing. Moving out of the dorm for the summer on Monday. Accordingly, I went dumpster diving for cardboard boxes a minute ago.

[Sorry. No photograph there.]

3 comments:

Keith said...

I think that the Super Mario Brothers theme song would be awesome for a graduation. Except you would see people jumping up thinking that they were going to get coins out of blocks. Who's Hank Nelson?

Dorcas said...

The picture of Briana is adorable! She is really growing!! Tell your family hello!!

Sam said...

Will do! Thanks for commenting. Do you still blog? I don't have access to your site anymore.