Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm In Debt...

...with time. I fully realize that it's no longer 66 and Windy. I also apologize to Trapper and others, who I have bitterly disappointed and ruined hobbies of blog surfing. I hope that you won't be too shocked or surprised.


So here I am, timidly typing out a post in what has been...weeks. I fear your response. I fear your rejection of my reasons. No, seriously. The story starts with my beloved Adrianna who fell ill over 4 weeks ago, on top of this my attempts at blogging on FS7600 were foiled by a bad connection which wouldn't let me sign in to Blogger. Then, for the last two weeks, being hounded by peers who would make comments to me about my lack of posts...every time I would sit down to blog, my conscience would bother me and I would do homework. It's not really that I don't have enough to do. It's that my self-discipline wouldn't let me spend time on blogging.


You see....you make time for what you want to do...And I didn't make time. So I now wince at the barage of comments I anticipate.


I'm not sure that I want to recap in a bulleted list everything I've done over the past month, but let me add this: I've started working at the hospital which has made my life increasingly busier.


Right now, I'm very excited about the sweet score God helped me achieve on my Greek test.


Also, I just finished talking to my high school buddy on Facebook. He's in Egypt, in the Army. Technology's amazing, but I feel so old. He told me, "I just got a car loan. Now I'm looking at houses. Two years ago my biggest worries were the weekend tournament."


And now I leave to go to drama practice. We go out next Sunday on the road. Test Wednesday. I work tomorrow 8 hours. It really...never ends.

4 comments:

Stanton said...

It's good to see you really are alive and well - we'll just put you on probation. :)

Alanna said...

Sam - your self-discipline convicts me so no more comments from me about your lack of posts. :) Hang in there - summer's a'coming. :)

Anonymous said...

I must say that I, too, feel a little guilty for spending time hobbying. Thanks Sam...

If this is any encouragement to you, we only have 4 more weeks of school left, 3 of which are classes.

And isn't it interesting that we equate blogging with being alive?

-Trapper

P.S. If I'm lucky (no pun intended) I'll bring you back a wee littl' leprechaun from the green island. You can put him in your pocket when you go to work and have some company.

Dorcas said...

Looky who finally came out of hibernation to blog!! Welcome back, friend. I'm glad it's not 66degrees any longer :o) Since you have a job at the hospital, does that mean that you'll be working there through the summer months? Please don't say yes! How will we survive here without you? But I'm glad you did get a job!!