Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's As If You Were Sitting Across the Room From Me, Friend...

Hi guys.

Candid time.

Begin...

I'm here at the apartment. The pain is lessening every day. I showered myself today. That's a big deal for me. I still feel very weak. The most painful thing I did today was sneezed. I tensed up my abdominal muscles and it turned out very weird, like a stifled sneeze. I took my medication. I ate half a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I'm not sure when I will be able to physically or mentally go back to class. I think I can handle collateral reading, so I might start that tomorrow.

I'm so glad to be out of the hospital. You sit there and see people moving around with no pain, and laughing, eating, lifting things, walking around, and you think, If only these people knew how absolutely wonderful it is to be doing those things. What a privilege!

I don't know why I'm going through this. God is perfecting me, somehow. He's got a plan. I'm not too blind to see that. But it is quite confusing being in the middle of it. The pain, the disease, is teaching me something. It hurts. I don't know why. I don't know what. But whatever brings my God glory. Emergency surgery has a why of rearranging your life and it's perspectives and priorities. Today my concerns were shelter, food and hygiene.

Until later, I remain a recovering lover of God.
-Sam

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome focus! Hang in there man. We're here for you!

- Ryan

Alanna said...

You're going to make it Sam - He's chipping away at us so He can reveal Christ. There is pain, hurt, confusion, but He knows what He's doing. Keep trusting.

TKB said...

If nothing else, it's amazing to be able to simply have time to be with God. Enjoy His presence!

Can't wait til you're back up on your feet...see ya soon!(hopefully)

Dorcas said...

Sam,
So glad to hear you're out of the hospital!! Your Mother told us that at Church last night. We again had special prayer for you! Keep encouraged, my friend! We love you!!

amber said...

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2Cor. 4:16-18. Continue to keep your focus on God and knowledge He has a plan! You'll continue to be in my prayers!