Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Ghost of Christmas Present



...spent a bit of time this afternoon putting up most of the christmas lights. I covered the ceiling with them. Strings of lights on each seam of the drop ceiling tile. The whole room is lit up. I love it! Once I get decorating, I want to make it look good. All of this is for my own personal benefit and for open dorm. [There's nothing better than that happy feeling you get when you think that Christmas is coming soon] I was sitting in D-group last night thinking about that ever familiar spirit I feel every year about this time.

A spirit lingers here
Christmas in the air
Not seen but felt
Oh who can tell
From where this spirit comes

Hot chocolate just isn't good and tasty without cold air blowing around you. Why is that?

Here I sit thinking of all the things I must do. Room needs to be a little bit cleaner. My homework sits there, silently. I wish it would nag me out loud, but no. I have a little black book with a listing of all my homework. This helps me visualize the things I must get done, and need to get done by a certain day. As I think...one more speech in Public Speaking. Group paper revision project in English. Type notes for Christian beliefs. Report for Principles of the Christian Life. Old Testament exam. Spiritual Formation exercise. Reflection papers for all. Okay.

I don't know. Mylon told us Tuesday night when he stopped by to get ready for the next couple of weeks. He explained finals and the anticipation of being released from prison...err, school would really be hard. Mr. Profitt mentioned the weary days before winter break and spoke warnings along the same thread. I'm not sure if I should prepare myself or not. I'm not worried though. No point in that. Although, it hasn't hit me yet. Should I be scared? *laughs*

-Samuley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.