Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In The Midst Of It

Whew, it's been crazy. I haven't blogged because I haven't had the spare time to do so. Even now I sneak a few late night minutes in. My days consist mainly of sleeping, eating, classes, homework, and ministry. I've been involved in structural diagramming, Greek vocabulary and grammar, psychobiology, and more. That's the fancy, a lot of it simply consists of note taking, reading and studying. Tonight, I even forgot what day tomorrow is.


My cactus cutting that I brought from home has sprouted roots after being in the window for a few days. I'm happy about that. I viewed videos online on how exactly to grow cacti cuttings and simply thought it would be cool to grow a low maintenance cactus. My freshman year roommate got me hooked on it.

Was in the library last night and Mel was studying Shakespeare. She chose Sonnet 147 for her assignment. We both shared quieted riotous laughter after I quoted the final lines in a witty British accent, followed by a deep growling voice: For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright - Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.

Full day tomorrow which will be started off with jogging (which Mel is unsure of doing because of the shooting down the street) and then downtown for some coffee at the Emporium.

3 comments:

Dorcas said...

Glad to hear you're still surviving ~ maybe barely according to your busy schedule. Like any good Mom would say, "Make sure you get plenty of rest!!" Sure miss seeing you in Church on Sunday's!! Come home soon!!!!!

Alanna said...

Question: Have you named your cactus? If not, I suggest "Brutus" the friendly Cactus. :)

BTW - just in case you're having a mental block - tomorrow is Saturday! Get some sleep! :)

Melissa Phelps said...

Hey.. glad to hear sticky and jim survived their little spill on the road trip from home