Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nocturnal

I'm turning all nocturnal. My pupils are staying dilating and my visions is getting better. My hearing is improving. My skin is turning pale. Pretty soon I'll gain my wings. Actually, I'm quite scared. This really can't be good. I proposed to take a nap @ 2:30 yesterday afternoon and woke up @ 10:30 - 8 hours later. Accidental, of course. Now it's 2:30 AM and I'm raring to go.

Ryan, stop laughing at me!


In the home stretch of finals. Currently taking a break from working on stuff that has to be completed by tomorrow. I, uh...wonder how I'm going to get it all done. Grace + perseverance?

I work tomorrow. Ha. I wonder if I should sleep beforehand?

In a recent passing conversation with the campus pastor of my college I was impressed by wisdom. He said, "Sometimes you need to know when to preach a sermon and when to serve doughnuts." This morning, doughnuts were served. You see, wearing jeans to class and serving doughnuts for chapel is perhaps the best thing you can do for a stressed out, finals-approaching college student. Meredith commented later on combining doughnuts into the sermon, which I think is novel. The fact is, psychology must be integrated into Christianity. For all you nouthetic counselors out there, sometimes a sermon or Scripture verse is the last thing a person needs.

My plans for the weekend include going home, and going to a friend's wedding, all the while trying to finish my finals. I've gotten to the point where all my friends getting married doesn't scare me anymore. Is this maturity or have I gone mad? I'm a realist. I'm accepting reality. I'd impress you with a list of things I must do for finals, but I have neither the time nor the patience to do that. The fact that I'm turning nocturnal should clue you in on how crazy my life has been, and will yet be!

Ryan, wake up!-Sammy

2 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

Not a falcon?

Good luck, babe. You can do it.

Ike said...

Well Sam, hope you make it. I don't know how you have the time to make such perfect blog posts.

P.S. What does nouthetic mean? Even my spell-checker doesn't recognize it...
Smell you later!