Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The News

There are some times when reading and watching the news is very rewarding.

For example, President Obama has got me feelin so fly. He reportedly killed a fly on CNBC daytime television that was bothering him. This happened Wednesday. Apparently, news anchors had no problem in dishing out jokes like, "This is the first expose of bugging in Washington." More was cranked out about "The No Fly Zone," "I'd like to be a fly on the wall," and "Obama is now a Ninja." Just google this: video of obama killing fly

More shocking is this: Mom goes on a crusade against junk food. No cupcakes allowed. She's targeting the school cafeteria, but even goes on campaigns against Girl Scout cookies. She is termed as the "New York City Cupcake Mom." She even calls Santa Claus fat. There's something worthwhile to dedicate your life to.

This one made a "Wow!" burst from my lips. On the today show, an 18 year old goes to a tattoo shop and asks for 3 small stars on her face. She "falls asleep" and leaves the parlor with 56! Now she's suing. Yahoo TV's Nikki Boyer has a great question, "How do you fall asleep while getting a tattoo?" This is Belgium by the way folks. No worries for you American teenagers out there. But wait, there's more. The guy doing the tattoo's says she was awake and never complained until her father got mad. You should check out the picture of the tattoo artist.

In other news, Sammy slept about 18 out of 24 hours in the last 24. I have been sick and am trying to sleep it off. I took a double dose of night-time cold/flu meds last night and am still taking my generic Z pac for this infection. Ugh.

3 comments:

Megobuddy said...

Been praying for you Sammy. Get well!!!

Alanna said...

*snort* "Obama has got me feeling so fly." You're crazy. :) And Sleep is a gift from God - glad you're making use of it.

TKB said...

I was in the airport on my way to WA when I saw the news about the tattoos...made me laugh. I'm rather inclined to believe the tattoo artist, I mean really, falling asleep while they're tattooing your FACE?!? W/E...