Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Can And Will

Here I sit in Cleveland International Airport - Gate C26 - waiting on our flight to Orlando. Mel is next to me on the floor, curled up, eyes closed. Davy is fidgeting next to me, while the rest of the family is down a couple gates at the coffee shop. The port shows signs of life. Trucks and tugs bustle around. Steam comes from D6 across the lane. A small jet just rolled by. Everything is wet. The sky is gray. If the sun rose today, I don't know when it did. Everything outside is dismal matching the feeling of my body. I struggled to sleep early this morning and maybe somewhere around 230 was able to catch a half hour or hour. I don't know. I kept on waking up. It stormed last night, and has been raining since. My stomach has that nasty, ecky feeling that I feel whenever I am really tired and haven't gotten sleep. It's been years, literally, since I've flown commercially. It's all nostalgic for me. Heh. But I blog, because I can and will. On the contrary to what's happening right now, I am pretty rawr excited about vaca. A week in Florida, c'mon! There's a man sleeping across the walkway, flat on his back, arms across his chest, bag under his head. For those who aren't motivated by coffee and pastries, as in eating and drinking them, because drinking coffee is a great motivator, there seems to be a, "N0-thank-you-It's-too-early-to-smile" mood hovering over this terminal. I don't know if it's the weather or the fact that the clock reads 748EST. I lower my dope purple sunglasses onto my nose and smile contentedly. Ha. Vacation.

3 comments:

JenofWA said...

I'd love to know what the blogger on the other side of the terminal is saying about the guy wearing "dope purple sunglasses" at 751EST with bags scattered haphazardly about him...


just a thought~

:)

Megobuddy said...

So, the guy who drove us around Ireland has a dope kilt that he wore to our choir service at his church. It's blue and green plaid. Thought you would appreciate that. I put a picture of him on Facebook. You'll have to check out my pics.

I hope you have fun in Florida! Tell Mickey and Minnie I said hello!

Melissa Phelps said...

YOUR dope purple sunglasses??!!! YOURS!? I'll admit you picked them out but really now....