Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blogging on Blogging

Proving that I can quote without quoting a movie:
"I hate it that its 5:30 and its dark already." -Roommate Brent Lavy

Woke up from my nap this Sunday afternoon and on the way down the hall to the restroom Jesse asked me with curiosity in his voice,
"Are you happy thanksgiving's coming?"
"Yea." I replied in a deep and sleepy voice.
"Me too." He replied. "It feels like I have a little more joy in my heart."
I laughed out loud to myself. I honestly feel the same. It was just amusing to hear him say it.

Talked with Janeane, Paige, Sarah, Kimberly and Isaac at supper tonight. Apparently a bunch of Freshman don't like me. Reason is, I suggested to Mr. Profitt last year that blogging is a great way to improve your writing. We had to write personal essays for EC2 and I used part of a blog entry to write it. He liked the idea and now Mr. Singleton has started the blogging requirement in English Comp. Therefore, all these non-writers and novice bloggers now dislike me extremely. I'm even famous. Singleton mentioned my blog in EC1 class, which makes me smile with surprise. Anyway, we enjoyed a great conversation, laughed hard at morbidity, and I tried hard at amusing them with my wittiness.

Part of the conversation including an explanatory confession on my blogging style. I prefer when I can to exclude the personal pronoun, I. However, as just evidenced, this is not always possible. See beginning of paragraphs 2 and 3 for examples. I also use run-on sentences as part of my style sometimes, as evidenced in this post.

Leanna was heading back home and said something to me on the ramp tonight from a distance as I was going to supper. I didn't understand and walked up to her and said, "I'm sorry." She said something to the effect of, "You really were serious. You're in your slippers, and you have been in your room all weekend." Yes, ladies and gentleman I feel like a burrowing, hibernating mammal.

Thanksgiving its Thursday. What?!? It is?

I figuratively, "can't wait."

Method #3: Square Knot
Length: Medium
Difficulty: 2
Begin with the scarf around your neck hanging at even lengths. Take the left side and tie it by crossing the left over the right side and bringing it up through to form a single overhand knot. Pull it snug up to your neck as this is where the knot will end up being. Now take the right side and cross the right over the left, again pulling it through the loop as you would an overhand knot, only backwards. Summary: tie two knots by tying left over right and under, and right over left and under. It should look something like this:

-Σαμευελ

3 comments:

Megobuddy said...

Kinda looks like a chain link.

Yes, I would say blogs are an excellent outlet for creative writing. It seems I've not had too many positive things to talk about on my blogs, but nonetheless, I can still express myself through creative, dramatic writing.

Alanna said...

I think I did it. These would be easier with videos (for the extreme visual learners!)

I found alot of the freshman blogs the other night. Didn't realize it was all because of you! Ha! What influence! What power! :)

Anonymous said...

yeehaw! i made it to de blog! :)