Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Angst

Pet peeve: The phrase, "Have fun with your homework." As if I actually enjoy disciplining myself to do homework!?! I mean, really now, who started this phrase, and where'd we pick it up? But that really annoys me: Tell me to work hard or do my best, but don't give me an imperative command about having fun, (even in jest!)


Punched a kid in the mouth tonight (accidentally). I felt so bad. I was just havin fun and messin around with Marcus. *grimaces* Yea.


Put my tree up last night. What saddens me is the fact that I put it up this late due to how busy I have been. Also, I talked with JoHo t'night about how sad we are about no open dorms for Christmas, and no Christmas-time open staff houses. We want the good food and caroling around Christmas time! In spite, I decorated my tree with CD's and DVD's. It's an interesting touch, but it's cool - I like it.


And if that interests you...

4 comments:

TKB said...

Agreed! I myself don't get the "fun" part of hw. It just has to be done, and sometimes I loose sleep over it...not my idea of fun.

Although, I've probably said, "Well, have fun." more times to ppl that tell me they're heading to do hw than any other phrase I can thing of.(Memo to self: STOP saying that!)

Sleeping on the other hand...that is fun-no it's bliss! In fact, after seeing 4am this morning I do believe I am heading back to the comfort of my pillow.

Alanna said...

sam - you really should not be punching the teen power kids. I mean are you really setting a good example?

*wink*

Melissa Phelps said...

Hang on, Sammy... Can see the Christmas light at the end of the tunnel? And if everything looks bleak think of
a) Nichole's party
b) Your birthday hang-out on Monday
c) Thanksgiving break... I mean Christmas -- Christmas break.;)

A Day in my World said...

Christmas Break is just around the corner... love the tree but am sad that we are not having open dorms and so the fact is I can't see it in person...
Hope you do your best on your finals!!!
Love you!!!