Sunday, December 7, 2008

Falling Frozen Ice Crystals

Okay, now really...does it have to snow? Just because it is December and we are starting into the winter months, does not mean that it has to get all "Christmasy" and snow on us! I mean really, I don't mean to be a Scrooge, or a Grinch (love that movie), but whoever said that the snow makes everything all white and pretty, in spite of the deadness, was a hopeless and pathetically blind optimistic! Need I say more? I need. So I was driving around tonight and came to a stop sign, applied the brakes, and the back of my car slid to the right about six feet! Really! Tell me how wonderful snow is now! And then, there's the salt and the slush....ech. And then some child, of whom I have my suspicions as to their identity, made a disgustingly cute snow angel on the main north lawn of main campus. Can we not just leave the snow be? Oh no! We must tramp in it and ruin its "beauty". I'd say the only redeemable quality of snow is how pretty the crystals look up close. Other than that...ugh.

So with all this snow that we got...

Method #5: Single Lark's Head
Length: Medium to long
Difficulty: 2-3
This style is very similar to Method #1, only with a little twist. Fold scarf in half. Place your hand in the loop on the top end of the scarf, and then lay the scarf around your neck. Your right hand should still be in the loop and your left hand holding the two ends of the other end of the scarf. With your right hand grab only one of the two ends of the scarf and pull it through the loop you are holding in your right hand. Adjust for snugness.

-Sam

3 comments:

TKB said...

I'm thinking there are some fairly short college students that just might fit the mold of that snow angel...

Dorcas said...

You better get use to this snow thing!! The way we're going we might just get a blizzard. And if you're not home but in Cincy, we don't want you to feel left out. We'll be sure to put an order of it in for you wherever you may be :o)

A Day in my World said...

I totally agree with ya... i don't like it when people mess up the beautiful snow... but hate driving in it!!