Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Eggs

I called my Mom, but she wouldn't answer. I have a dozen in my fridge, but cooking my eggs easy over is just getting a little old. But how in world do you hard boil an egg? I mean, I know you put eggs in a pan and put water over them and boil them, but for how long, and what about water temperature and...? With Mom deserting my desperate cry, well not really, but please answer your phone the next time I have a life and death crisis, I set out to do what any 21st century college male adult would do...I googled it. "how do you hard boil an egg" I clicked on what looked to be most helpful. A Wikihow video website. The things you do, when you're alone, and hungry. Oh, and I prefer mine as a finger food with salt and pepper.

6 comments:

Megobuddy said...

Sam, I hear ya. I had to call my grandma one day to ask her how long you boil eggs, too. Bring them to a rolling boil and cook for 11 minutes. Did you know: eggs peel much easier under cold water. Just fill up the sink and peel them under water. It really works!

TKB said...

This is making me crave boiled eggs...now how long should I...JK!

Glad google was created. Such a helpful site. Can't begin to recount all the weird odds and ends I've needed it for.

Alanna said...

Lol..."life and death crisis"...Three cheers for GOOGLE! :D

Dorcas said...

You're too funny :o))

Melissa Phelps said...

And seriously, Bing? Overrated. Stick with google.

Sam said...

Mel, I thought Bing was your engine.