Friday, July 10, 2009

Where's My Hug?

I was looking back at my archives and saw that I could approximate how busy and stressed I was based on the number of times I blogged in the month. For example, I usually range in between 11-16 and during my crazy semester this spring it averaged 2-6 a month. Then I had a realization. Then I realized my realization. I like to say that I'm busy. People ask me how I'm doing, or how my life is, and inevitably, if I don't say that I'm doing good, then I tell them that I'm busy. I don't know why yet. An empty day on my calendar is a wasted day to me. Like, I feel I always have to be doing something. I've picked up a fast pace and I feel like I can't part with it. And I don't think that's good.

More fascinatingly is this:

"A number of academic studies have found that hugging, hand holding, and other forms of TLC ease anxiety by calming areas of the brain that register alarm and can even lower blood pressure too." -Source unknown (tacked to a bulletin board in the hospital's cancer center)

2 comments:

Dani said...

Samuel: How are you bro? Just wanted to let you know I thought about you today. :) I was also thinking about Durbins in the same thought. Wanna go?
(Thems were the days.)

Megobuddy said...

Hmmm, that is an interesting thought. I can say that hugs and hand-holding have helped me before. Haven't gotten too many hugs this past year, though...I didn't do too well.

P.S. - I like how you used "like." :)