Monday, January 3, 2011

Voicemails

This is a transcript of the opening to a voicemail from a friend of mine sent July 18, 2009: "Sam, I'm so disappointed. What's happened to us all? Our voicemails are so bland and boring. 'Hi, this is Sam. Sorry I missed your call.' What's that about?"

Okay, all you young people, your "Please-enjoy-this-music-while-your-party-is-reached" music may be enjoyable for your friends, but enjoy it while it lasts. As soon as you get a semi-professional job you'll succumb to the professional voicemail syndrome. HR just doesn't want to hire people with sappy country or raunchy rap as their ringback tone.

And to all of you who hate my voicemail and how short and boring it is. Blame my job. Hate it even. And welcome to the real world. The boring adult world where people think animated children's movies are for children!

PS: Hello Dr. Muir

3 comments:

Keith said...

Animated children's movies are for Children? What are you talking about?

Alanna said...

I know...for real. I will watch animated children's movies as long as there is breath in my body!

P.S. Sam, you could always leave creative voicemails on other peoples phones...never thought of that have you?

Amber said...

I know it was a sad day here when Denver had to professionalize his voicemail...now we just call Keith to see what he's come up with :-) You may want to print a retraction on the children's movies...you could shatter countless lives with such a revelation