Monday, June 16, 2008

Strawberries & Weddings

If there's one thing about summer that I love it's gotta be strawberries. Our fridge has a lot of them right now. Hence, why I write this. I have a deep confession to make: I love strawberries. I quick went to wikipedia and found what I suspected. Strawberries get their name from the straw that is placed around them when growing them. I remember doing this when we had strawberries in our garden one year. All I know is that I love that soft sweet tangy taste. Per chance I find one that is plenty ripe, all I taste is heavenly sweetness. So we have a bunch and I've been eating strawberry shortcake, strawberries on my cereal, strawberries with milk and sugar, and just plain strawberries when I open the fridge. Not only are they good and juicy but they're healthy too. Ahhh.


Secondly, I am ever more realizing that my sister is getting married in less than two weeks. It's one of those things that you thought would always be a long time away, and now it's here already. Scary. I talked to her today because she had called Mom and asked if us boys were still doing anything for the wedding. She had mentioned a song, scripture or something. So Josh, Jon & I got together and decided that we are gonna write a song and play it. It's something we knew about but just failed to work on before summer came. Not only that but I was away in college. So here we go. It's a little difficult to compose something this late and not have it be cheesy, but we're gonna do our best. And it's gotta be good. Let me say this: I hate weddings - the ceremonial junk. Not that my sister's wedding is unimportant, but that I hate formality, sitting there...I guess this will be a lot different though being that I'm in the wedding. Oh well, I'll see.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

ok so I really want some strawberries now! :) They are definitely a happy food. I'm sure your sister will love the song. I'll pray for inspiration. :)

Sam said...

they (strawberries) are so good! and thanks for your prayers. I need some God-led inspiration.