Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Day

Yes, it's definitely summer. I washed and waxed my car this morning. My brothers were washing the other cars so I decided to help them and then bring my car out back to wash as well. Mom and I went shopping this afternoon. Penny's had clearance sales and I got some shoes and an extra pair of jeans.


Then I went to the arts and craft store to get the t-shirts and iron-ons for the youth activity saturday. I also grabbed a framed corkboard so I can permanently make my collage board. I also got a cork runner for my room at college. I'll post a bunch of pictures and paper on there. It'll be creative and cool looking.

In light of last night's Bible study I made a move today. I heard one of the associates say, "Oh lord in heaven." It bothered me heavily so I finally got the guts and walked around the aisle to where she was unpacking boxes. I asked how she was; she wasn't much older than me. Then in a calm and inquisitive voice I asked if she was praying. She looked at me, hesitated, and said, "No, I was just having problems opening these." They were metal stars wrapped in thin cardboard. After I told her to have a good day I was thinking, she just technically addressed God without even knowing it; misused His name without thinking. I wonder when it will really start bothering us Christians enough to say anything?!?

My mom needed to stop by Wal-Mart on the way home so we did. I had nothing to do so I wandered around looking at different things. I ended up finding a polka-dotted tie for sale @ $4.50. I like it. It's a nice tie and you can't get one that nice for that cheap anywhere.


Found a great little element on blogger today. You can add a blog preview for your friend's blogs instead of a list of links to their blog. I added it so now I have both, but I can see whether or not they've updated without ever leaving my site. It's very handy.

Have a bunch on my to-do list. I have about 5 people to call, t-shirts to make, a reunion devotional to prepare, and plenty of reading and studying to do. And here I go blogging again. Gotta run.

-Sam

No comments: