Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thoughts of Blogging & Thunderstorms

Blogging has been scarce, but the temptation has still been there. The thoughts have come, and due to my lack of importunity, so have they gone. So here I pull out Adriana and...as soon as I do, any thoughts of which to blog about quickly vacate my mind. How appropriate, my blog title: all these thoughts in my head. However, I believe I have chronic bloggers disorder.



We've had two days of thunderstorms here in northeastern Ohio. The storms have been energizing, but now after the second day of rain it's getting dismal. I walked outside last evening right after my shower. A storm was blowing in so I decided to watch it come. The dark clouds floating through the sky moving slowly, ominously. The wind blowing through the grass, the field, the trees. As I stood there with the wind whipping around me, looking at all this I knew there was something bigger than myself. The power of nature makes me believe that there is some force, some person behind the storm. I'm so glad I know that person: God, so powerful!




I must admit, I love thunderstorms. I enjoy standing outside as the wind blows, the thunder booms, the lightning flashes, and the rain falls. The more powerful the storm the better. They simply fascinate me.

And then the sun came out that evening and made for a pretty set of the sun...



2 comments:

Alanna said...

the pictures are beautiful - God is the best painter.

Leanna said...

I really like the pictures! I can almost feel the wind on my face and the first few droplets of rain. Plus like I always say I just love the smell of rain and how it seems to clean the world.