Sunday, June 1, 2008

New Things

Wow. I am sitting here in utter amazement at the blondeness of my older sister. Yes, the one who will graduate from college next year. I will refrain from mentioning the embarrassing stuff out of kindness, but it provides me with much laughter and incredulous amazement.

So anyway, I want to tell you about the two new loves in my life. First of all, I wanted to play frisbee yesterday and my brother found my old frisbee.


This is one that I won at the library for reading a lot of books, back when I had time to read all afternoon and evening, finishing books late into the night. It makes me so happy! It's a Sport Design heavyweight frisbee. I was just thinking about buying one this summer too, because Isaac and I have been honing our "professional frisbee skills" over the school year. It's awesome, just when I have been wanting something God provides my want with something I forgot I had! I have yet to name it and tattoo my name on it.

The second new thing is that we got a dog. We acquired a 6 month old Golden Retriever/Irish Setter puppy Thursday. She's pretty cute and getting used to her new life here. She hated her collar and chain at first and she still howls but she has a good personality and is a fairly playful puppy. She has a really pretty coat. We named her Callie, which means "most beautiful".







This afternoon I did something that I haven't done in a long time, maybe not ever at all. It was so beautiful outside that I decided to take a nap outside on the back lawn. With 80 degree weather that is sunny, with blue skies, minimal clouds and a strong cool breeze, I knew I couldn't go wrong. Being that I am allergic to grass I was little concerned but I just put a sleeping bag down and then folded my giant fleece blanket for padding that added a thin soft quilt blanket on top, complete with Carlisa at my head, I enjoyed my nap. Although it was very short and the dog was barking I did manage to fall asleep and enjoyed taking my nap outside today. It was great.

-Sparky

1 comment:

Alanna said...

A Dog -- A man's best friend, eh? That's great. I used to have a cat...my bro and I would love to get another one, but we can't quite convince our parents yet!

Did you have storms last night? We lost a tree in our front yard, and sections out of the other ones. It is kinda sad. I'm going to blog about it sometime.

Ah, I haven't taken a nap outside yet, but I want to! It's the best thing ever! Perhaps at HHI I'll get to do that!

Well, I don't think we'll have Internet access at our house on HHI, so I'll check up on you later! Cya.