Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Almost As If It Were Summer

Dark puffy clouds dot the sky against a lighter blue-gray canvas. It's a dark and cloudy sky with hope at the horizon. Flaming color is once again exploding in the west. Red, pink, and purple - that fades into the darkness of dusk. The birds sweetly sing, getting in their last songs of the evening. The dark figures of bugs fly randomly through the air, as if they're rushing off to work, or beginning their nightly dance. Cars pass in the distance behind me, their shushing fading in and out, like a mother tucking her children into bed. It's so peaceful.



Ah, my home. I love the country. It offers something that the city does not hold: peace. I went outside last evening and took a blanket and pillow to the backyard and sat, writing the above paragraph. What beautiful days, these last few in May. I thank God for how lovely it's been.

Yesterday I went to my grandparents for memorial day. We threw the football around and I started the grill up. I have that fine habit of adding about 3 times too much lighter fluid to the charcoal. It's wonderful, seeing those 2 feet flames jump out of the grill. Ah, yes! The weather has not exactly been sunny, but fairly warm and just beautiful. I ended up assuming the responsibility of grilling all the burgers and hot dogs, which is something I enjoy doing. Anyway, today I went and filled out a couple applications in search of a summer job. I also have been attacking the mountain in my room, unpacking. It's quite a job since many things I don't need at home over the summer, such as my water pitcher w/filter, my ironing board, or winter clothes. Further, on my to do list is reading and study material. Bible bowl questions and several fall semester books.


Postscript: And that Le, is me returning the favor. And Kaylin, I check my blog frequently so if you want me to post, just comment.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had fun at your grandparents. I agree the country is the perfect place to find peace. Hope the job hunting ends soon for you. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Alanna said...

The pictures are beautiful! I know I live at home, but it is good to be at home all the time! I agree. My brother enjoys grilling too -- he did our grilling for M Day. It was yummy! Soak in summer! :)