Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Get Over It

Did not get enough sleep last night. When will it ever end? Tomorrow begins the the beginning of the end: finals. However, the end is only the beginning. I'm not really sure how I do it. I scrape sleep together. I will do homework and various things until the wee hours of the morning, roll into bed for a couple of hours, get up and go to class, perhaps eat breakfast, go back to bed for an hour, go to another class, maybe eat lunch, then go back to bed for another nap. Through all of this I scrape an hour here and an hour there of sleep trying to gather enough that will get me through the day without a breakdown or collapse. I am learning not to trust at all on my own though. Daily reading God's letter and thinking about what He has said, accompanied with talking to Him has been my strength this far.

As far as finals go, I am still looking at the store for prescription strength Motivation. I never dreamed it'd be like this in college, *laughs* but I guess it's the end of the semester. As soon as this all ends I'm going home!

Last night was Teen Power at which Sarah spoke, giving her testimony and she did a good job. I'm glad that no matter where you come from, Christ's blood still has the power to set anyone free. I also last night picked Tanisha and Theresa up from hellhole apartments over in Walnut Hills. When I got there I had to park at the end of the street due to a firetruck and ambulance blocking the road. I saw a lady and her child sitting in the back of the ambulance but I didn't really know what happened. A guy passed me drinking a bottle of alcohol. Trash was strewn everywhere. I didn't really want to inhale too deeply. As we were leaving, Tanisha said, "People get drunk over here all the time, it was probably someone that passed out." I only thought of how desperately Cincinnati needs Jesus. How blessed I am with what I have.

Today, in celebration of our last chapel, President Avery conducted a thank you service for all the staff and faculty. He encouraged us to bring noisemakers and to come prepared to have fun. Gumby organized a Crazy Day among the guys in the dorm and a large group of us participated. I wore a black suit with a plaid shirt, christmas tie with mismatching socks and a tiny pink hippo pinned to my lapel, complete with Eddie my rat sticking out of my pocket. It just makes me cringe inside. BUT It was uproariously fun. Pinky wore his shirt and tie backwards. Many wore mismatching and wild combinations of shirts and ties. Plaid, stripes and solids. Combinations so crazy it made me smile. I had fun blowing my kazoo, yelling, and clapping. Several of us even ran out of our seats yelling and screaming in recognition of Mr. Avery. The mood was one of fun as we had Gumby playing a rooster call on his cellphone over the loud speakers, Girls were playing the "Charge" anthem on their recorders. Many people had air horns and some people had party noisemakers. It was great cheering for faculty. All in all it was an excuse to be crazy and have fun at the (trying) end of the semester!







With that said, its trying to rain outside and I have a final exam tomorrow. I'll go now.

-Sam

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Actually, I think what you heard was Jacinda and Jessica on recorders. I was "playing" some type of humming kazoo device. And I have to say that I've never seen you guys look soo good! (*coughs sarcastically*) :) It was a fun chapel.

Hang in there -- summer is in sight!

Alanna said...

Nice pics that you added later. :)

Sarah said...

Absolutely love the pictures! You and Isaac have the greatest class in clothes too.