Saturday, May 10, 2008

Still Kicking

It was a beautiful day today. In that damp, gloomy sort of sense. A tad chilly, slight mist in the air, 61 degrees. Spent my friday night by packing and doing homework, probably my first ever friday night not going out or doing something. I am leaving in...11 days. It's hard to grasp.

Just got my paper back this morning. I checked my mail on the way up from late night. Paper 3 arrived! I achieved the same score as my essay, which I was very happy about. It made me feel really good to hear Mr. Profitt tell me that he was running out of things to say about my paper. That is something that is hard to come by in writing. He really complimented me and I'm very happy about it. He even says that I'm a great contribution to the campus culture, which makes me smile. I thank God for gifting me with the talent of writing. I'm using it all for Him.

On to more personal things: I find it frustrating how I often I talk frivolously. I could blame the end of the semester, but I've done it before. Oft times I wish I would simply bite my tongue. I enjoy conversing with friends. I truly thank God for my friends and the fun I have with them. However, when my discipline lacks I disappoint myself. I frequently find myself wanting to remain silent at the table, "Just listen!" I tell myself. Now I could certainly play this to extremes, on one hand always kicking myself for stupid things I say, or the other extreme of excusing myself by saying that God would want me to have fun. Oh, for more discernment and discipline! I know I can't be the only one that struggles with this. I'm tired of failing. I will find my hope in my Father and Savior Jesus Christ. He'll help me.

Find it amusing how I avoid using the pronoun 'I' especially at the beginning of sentences. My blogging style, which is quite informal interests me. But anyway...

Vita invited me to go to King's Island with a group of friends later on today. (It's early morning now.) I am excited about the feeling my stomach will experience as that metal cart drops over the zenith of steel framework and swiftly plunges downward as gravity takes over. Ahh, nothing like it!

simply,
Sparky

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Noooo! don't surpress your true self! if you have somthing witty or interesting to say you must say it! Even if it is frivolous, It might help uplift someone else. if you hold it in a little piece of the real you dies~! BE YOU!