Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lack of Social Interaction

Was fitted today for a tux for my sisters wedding. I think I just realized that my sister is getting married next month. It scares me. I feel old.

I was also quite amused by a sign that I saw in town today. A local elementary school had posted this on their outdoor sign. In large black letters: 5th Grade Recognition. I thought, How appropriate. How dare they call it a graduation! What are they graduating from? By definition (and I looked it up) graduation involves receiving a degree or diploma. I doubt 5th graders are doing that! Well, I am glad that finally that have gotten it right. Despite our politically-correct aware society I believe they got this one right this time: recognition. Yes, I suppose I'm fine with recognizing what 5th graders have accomplished, but no, I don't think I'm willing to call it their graduation ceremony.

Mel texted me today. "Mr. Grinch, I think you need a little social interaction..."


I'd hafta agree. Despite my previous rejections at a waste of money on theatrical goings I believe I might spare the cash for some, as Mr. Grinch would call it, sochial interacktion. (We plan on seeing Prince Caspian accompanied by our Narnian endeared siblings.) Boy, it's so different around here, with no one around. No one as in, I'm not on a bustling college campus anymore. Breanna agreed to this very thing when I called her tonight to ask her when she was leaving. It's a running joke between us. She asked me about 6-8 times on Monday, "Are you leaving?"

Tomorrow night I'm going to Alana's grad party, (which happens to make me feel very old because mine was last year and I remember it quite well) and Saturday I'm going to Cleveland on a witnessing experience with Denver and other Christian soldiers from our area. Job hunting, or rather the job searching process begins soon here too.

And that, ladies and gentleman is what I call an update.

So long
Sam

No comments: