Monday, December 31, 2007

On the brink

The last day of the year - I got back in the first hour of today from Michigan. I had so much fun! My sister Rochelle and friends, Janette & RuthAnn went to my friend Becky's house. We played a bunch of games. Watched 5 movies over the weekend, went to the British Pantry for tea and breakfast. Which I must admit, was uncomfortable. The target audience was totally for middle aged older women, those ritzy red hat society people who just happen to make me raise my eyebrow and open my eyes wide. Despite my social discomfort I managed to slip by with grapes on my tea cup instead of roses, [Uck! Just the thought of the tea cup!] and my sister presumed to be my wife when we paid our bill. I must pay compliment to the food: the scones, wedding soup and candied apple tea I had was so delicious! We went ice skating later that night and had a blast. It's my 4th time going and I enjoyed it so much.
Here's a good thing about friends, I enjoy laughing and making people laugh. I laughed so much this weekend, especially after a couple of movies when it's three o'clock in the morning. We watched Mr. Bean's Holiday, Amazing Grace, The Illusionist, Shrek the 3rd, and the Nativity Story. Mr. Bean was pretty funny, but the plot of the movie was weak, and he never talked. Amazing grace was amazing, seriously. Pun intended. The illusionist: good! Shrek the 3rd I had already seen and unsuccessfully tried to sleep through. The Nativity Story was great, fairly accurate and except for a debatable scene it was touching, accurate, humorous and realistic. Sunday we went to church and I was really impressed by the spirit of God, and had a great worship time. I'm not going to even start, but I will mention I had an awesome time, it was so great hanging out with friends and just having plain old legal fun, but Shhhh don't tell anyone. On the way home it was so funny. We had stopped at the rest area along the pike for gas, bathroom and drinks. I had gotten my Caramel Macchiato when I walked over to RuthAnn who was getting her drink at BK. I walked up with a smile and said "Hi! It's been forever. How've you been?" [The whole time a blonde guy about 20+ year old cashier from BK was watching.] I began talking with RuthAnn about how life was for her, the whole time the guy was just staring at us like, "Oooookaayyy." Once we were out of sight I began laughing so hard. Then outside by the pumps, Janette threw away her glass root beer bottle and was acting tipsy, so I grabbed it and tried to drink the last few drops then threw it in the trash, the whole time of course the little old guy sitting in the glass box in the middle of the gas pumps just staring at us like "Ooooh my". So much fun and laughs!

Oh, and now I have to "start watching what I'm saying" I've got people starting to find my blog from other people and resources. *gasp!*

Shower, then off to friend's for a New Year's Eve celebration.
Until next year,
Sam

3 comments:

Phil & Sue Arnold said...

Happy New Year!!

Ike said...

Happy New Year!!!
(note I put 3 exclamation marks, so it's still totally original)

Cheryl Watters said...

It was great to have you in Michigan this weekend. Your 'group' added life to our ice skating party and to our services on Sunday. Come back anytime!