Sunday, December 23, 2007

Thought I'd Write About This

Do You Ever Feel Like This Little Guy?

I'm very tired of people assuming relationships in my life. We have a big problem! Now the only thing I can deduct from this is that I must be very popular or something, because tonight I just heard of "my fourth relationship". First I liked this girl...they were sure of that! Then they asked me about another girl, "Certainly you like her!" "Oh, and what about her? You guys would make a great couple." And now I have people waiting on news of yet another girl and I getting together, its inevitable and coming soon! [I left the girls' names out on purpose] *wink* Oh yes, my dear people, oh yes! Dating and marriage [for me], it is inevitable! It is coming...soon or not, God knows. OR perhaps its my not too recent break up with another girl whom I shall purposely leave nameless here....Just tired of people assuming things about people and relationships in my life. I give a firm nod and smile to those who have the guts to ask me if I like someone. Please talk to me rather than talking about me so that I find it out later from someone else. *grins a sarcastic smile* Oooooh. I despise matchmaking. Sure it's cute to see couples hook up, and fun to get involved, and I'm not totally sure how God orchestrates Christian young people getting together, but I have a feeling we are messing with God's work. We bring a matchmaking monopoly to his workplace! So I'm asking, Why am I the subject of fire?!? And as I get the questioning look, just go read James 3:5-8. This is what I (and the Bible) call worthless talk. Command: 2 Timothy 2:16 & Warning: Matthew 12:36 - But no one dares to speak or preach on this! No one talks about self-control any more. No patience. No virtues!

Please forgive my ranting and raving, I shall be quick to point the finger at myself too and admit that I as well must hold my tongue towards others...We just like our old self too much. Do we? Am I wrong? James pegged it: you're religion's worthless if you can't hold your tongue. May I be so bold as to say also that you're relationship with God is lacking if you can't keep your mouth shut. There, I've said it...hang me.

and just to think Christmas is the day after tomorrow!....


I Hope You Have Fun This Christmas!

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/top-11-weird-news-stories-of-2007/
20071212142809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

3 comments:

Ike said...

Dude, it's like you read my mind or something.

Spooky.

Now as long as your next post isn't about the funny feeling you get when you brush your teeth and immediately drink orange juice...

Anonymous said...

Good things you said there bro. For me, a new perspective on matchmaking.

And, I'll never say those things about you and Bertha again.

Sam said...

i'm glad you got a new perspective on matchmaking and appreciated the things i said...and "shhhhhhhh" about Bertha!