Monday, January 14, 2008

Ahhh...College Life


So this is very odd because I never see them both sitting on the couch at the same time. [Nolan & Tyler] Anywho. I thought I'd share a picture from college life. I'm sitting in my comfy spinny office chair that I got at goodwill for $5.


I also have yet to name my friendly spinny chair, but that time shall come later...



I'm also thanking God for a mixed up schedule that permits me two and a half more hours of sleep tomorrow morning. [And this popcorn is lacking in the butter department!] Wait, Tyler informs me as he stands in front of the schedule posted on our door that we will have third period class tomorrow. The syllabus says that we are not going to, and as far as I know the teacher won't be back from New Guinea by then...To me syllabi are etched in stone and are sent from heaven on the wings of doves. So I'm not sure if we will have class or not. Perhaps, I will be granted less sleep than I first thought.

Five minutes later:

I now have a bowl of cereal in front of me. Nothing says "college" like a bowl of cereal at 11:30pm at night. I'm feeling kind of lazy. The thought of it drives me to action. I must finish cleaning this room, and I've got homework, and I need to get some rest tonight...

Asking God to search my heart. Only one thing comes to mind with revival in the looking glass tomorrow: "Will You not revive us again: that your people may rejoice in you?" -Psalm 85:6 "Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not." -Jeremiah 33:3 "

Do you ever have that longing in your heart where you'd like to talk with someone about anything...but you know deep down that it will do you no good? Do you ever feel that the busyness and things you wrap yourself up in are just layers that must be cut through later on? And then I hear the whispering..."I'm listening."

Fare well.
-Samuel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last paragraph was so profound that I would copy it into my journal if I weren't too lazy to get up and find it.Well said!!
I'll be praying for the revival. Please... keep our church in your prayers to. It feels like the Sahara around here.