Saturday, January 26, 2008

Blogging With A Guilty Conscience


I, uh...am not sure really what to say or where to start. I suppose motivation is where I shall begin. Sarah talked to me last night and strongly suggested that I blog that night because she wanted to read something new. And I, with guilty conscience knew that I had been wanting TO blog, but had not had any time to blog at all. It's been a week since I've written anything and I must say, it feels good to feel wanted, but really I just have been wanting to write. I have not had any time to just sit down, think, and start writing. Let me explain: Monday night I was up till 2AM. Tuesday night was 1:30. Wednesday night was 300AM. I felt sick the next morning. Thursday night was 1230, and tonight, here I am sitting at 200AM blogging. This week has been so busy, so stressful, and so fun. Lest you think me a partier, understand that my late week nights are because of the homework load that I have. Honestly, I don't think that I'm wasting too much time during the day, but doing so many things, that the homework jumps into a pile and then stares me in the face in the evening. Oh, and roommates are also a negative factor to getting some homework done, but I can handle that. So really I'm blogging with a guilty conscience. What DO I write? How do I write what I want to write, and share what I want to share? Really I don't want to type out this big-long post.

[Excuse the grammar]
Went skiing saturday...had a blast. The ski club and a group from college went to Perfect North slopes. It was 19* degrees and they made snow the whole day. I dressed warm but 'froze my face off'. The only downside was that I didn't ski as good, because I wasn't used to the powder and the hills there [new ski resort]. But for my third time going skiing, I did not do bad. I even managed to jump a few times and even impressed Jonathan by a 180* flip off a small side ramp. [Which I did not land and was totally accidental!]

Sunday, I was very sore and tired, took one of the longest Sunday afternoon naps. Was disheartened by the news of the loss of one of our youth staff workers at church, but encouraged by the addition of a new member who is eager to work with youth ministry as I am, and has a real heart for God plus the addition of loving to have fun.

Oh, and Physical Science Lab: Watch out for swinging pendulums!

Pulled off a great prank for Mr. Profitt in English 2. Placed small notes from Marginalia in the margins of the poems we read Wednesday for class. He noted this and in class said that whoever they were, it was "Clever. Very Clever." I just smile and pump my fist. ["Don't be a ninny." Marginalia - Billy Collins]

Helped the Barr's move today with a couple of kids from college, and went ice skating tonight which was fun. Starbucks too! [for those of you who sit with jealous tongues].


It's early. My feet are cold. I'm going to bed.
-Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally jealous about the starbucks!!! Glad to see you blogged again. I really should get a blog sight cuz I have tons of fun stories to tell! lol