Saturday, January 19, 2008

Yes that hurts!

Ouch!
So last night I was writing some information down on a piece of paper and had grabbed a pen off my desk. Now this was no ordinary pen, it was a Pilot Precise rolling ball black ink pen with an extra fine tip. [Which in my eyes, resembles a blunt needle]

I wrote the information down and then proceeded to cap the pen. With the cap in my left hand and the shaft of the pen in my right hand I then proceeded to shove the shaft of the pen into the cap. Unfortunately, due to a vigorous workout earlier that night my arm muscles were a little weak. Unfortunately, while I was shoving the pen into the cap, the cap dropped from my shaky hand. Thus the shaft of the pen punctured the palm of my hand. This caused much pain and the wound began to bleed as I uttered sounds of pain and agony at my misfortune.

I called my friend who is a nurse and asked her advice on it (which I know is the classic thing everybody does) and so then I went and washed it out and also got some peroxide from a dorm-mate. The wound is still puffy, but the tenderness/soreness is going away, and the little black ink dot is hardly noticeable.

Perhaps I shall live...

1 comment: