Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Okay, so now what?

If resolutions are so good, why don't we keep them? Okay people I must say this. It always bugs me. People make resolutions and most of them never have the commitment, the guts, and the perseverance to make it last. To me, resolutions are high-minded, well-intended nonsensical notions! Personally, I made a couple of commitments. Now Cheryl told me that its the same thing as a resolution, just different words, and I smiled. I told her, "No. I'm starting the revolution."

I have a collage of random things on a board in my room. Most of you have seen this. There's a little paper on there. It's green with white letters. I leave it on there for a reason. It says, "Let the revolution begin." Now it was last year that I realized the serious error of this statement, and so I leave it on there as a reminder. It should read: "I am starting the revolution."

The point is this, without sweat-producing, gut-wrenching commitment, we will get nowhere! And by the way, nowhere is also spelled: now here...Now here: still here...stuck here!

Okay now that I got that out of me...

I had a blast skiing! It was so much fun! I love flying down those hills. It was awesome. I did so much better my second time and learned how to ski black diamonds without falling down the whole way. Did I mention that I love skiing? Although I am suffering the consequences. I am a little sore, and I still need to catch up on all the sleep I lost. I woke up at 3:15AM and met my cousins, and left at 5 for New York. We traveled 4 hours, skied for 8 hours, traveled 4 hours home, and then I drove 4 hours to Cincinnati and got here at 4AM in the morning. I fell asleep once...or twice while I was driving. I was fighting sleep the whole way. My sister was sleeping in the seat next to me, so I couldn't roll the windows down or turn up the music so I resorted to calling my friend who works as a nurse on late shift, to no avail. Her phone wouldn't work! I drank an energy drink just to stay awake and I also scanned the radio stations and I had one [available] CD with me. Mom called me at 3:30 and I finally texted a friend so I could keep my brain active. Ahhhhhhh.

In my mind I say: "Now its back to the grind." but in my heart I say, "Let's get at it." I'm excited about this new semester. I excited about God and my relationship with Him. Isn't God good?

-Mule

1 comment:

Leanna said...

Ouch! Gotta admit that hit close to home! But it is really thought provoking, and what better opportunity than a brand new year to start afresh with...COMMITMENTS. (your right is sounds a little better:)