Thursday, March 27, 2008

An All-Nighter with Coffee

Well its 1:34 AM. Here I am again. Blogging for the love of it.


I must share a confession with you...I love coffee. Walked out of my room earlier tonight and the hallway was filled with the scent of coffee. Oh, I loved it. I knew where it was coming from too. Isaac's room: clear on the other side of the dorm. Ahhh. I made my way over there a few minutes later, walked in the room, and pronounced, "Yoooou haaaave coffeee!" He smiled at me. In exchange for a cup of coffee I agreed to share the answers to the New Testament Test Review with him, at least the ones he had not already started on. That test should be easy tomorrow. I also have Principles of the Christian Life 2 test, a bit more difficult.

Went to the bathroom a second ago. Looked outside the window...it's raining. It was supposed to. How poetic for this long night.

Three and I went to the river this afternoon - that park next to the bridge. It was so beautiful out today. I'm glad I happened to 'be there at the right time' and was graciously invited to go along. It was really good to get out and enjoy the weather this afternoon since I have been cooped up doing all this pre-test homework. Found a beautiful spot between the parking lot and the river. The spot has stone bridge remains with pines and needle beds.

Easter weekend was so different for me this year. For one, I spent it away from home, with friends, at a different church. Went with a group of friends to Missie's house in the heart of Kentucky. We went horse back riding and I enjoyed breaking a blue eyed white horse into a gallop. We also enjoyed a fine tradition of sleeping till a fairly late hour in the morning. I regret not accomplishing as much homework as I wanted to. Okay, maybe I don't regret it. I had much fun. We took a walk at 2 in the morning down the road with the full moon in the sky. We also took an afternoon walk and had the dogs lag along with us. I had fun leap-frogging over people, even in surprise. I appreciated being in the country so much. Just being able to walk down the road, no cars, just comfortable clothes, slight wind, and perfect sun, talking and laughing. Her mom fed us in that familiar country family way in which felt I like royalty compared to cafeteria service. So delicious! Her sisters accent made me laugh. Come to find out her parents knew my family. Her father knew my elementary school teacher and has met and knows many relatives on my mom's side of the family. Too small of a world. Also found out her mom's girlfriend was "awestruck" by my father in college, during her single days. That just makes me laugh. Such a good weekend! We played Scum and watched movies too, had pillow fights, ate jellybeans, and just enjoyed each others company. I regret the blockbuster entertainment. This world's values and humor system are perverted and sickening. I cannot see Jesus enjoying that, and I did not. However, I should have been stronger in my convictions on intake of entertainment that clashes my views. Was also disappointed about not being able to traditionally watch The Passion

Am filled after fatherly correction with a renewed sense of purpose. Consistency. "Oh inconsistent me. Crying out for consistency."

Back to work.

-sAm

2 comments:

Phil & Sue Arnold said...

Ahhhh!! Coffee!! I haven't said "hello" for awhile so I thought that I would. Sue

Alanna said...

Wow...sounds like you had a wonderful time away from the city. I love being out in the country or out in a "holler" in the mountains somewhere. :-) ...in God's country. Well hope you made it through your day. Sounds like it was a big one for a lot of us! Enjoy your break! See ya in April (unless I see you at school tomorrow!)