Friday, March 14, 2008

Downtown

Went downtown tonight. Something I haven't really done - just for the sake of doing so, since I've been here in Cincinnati. Enjoyed it. Drove around a bit, parked and went into the Carew building, walked around the square and then up 4th St. to Starbucks. We hung out there for a while getting drinks, and looking at pictures and movies. Must say I really enjoy the aesthetics of downtown, I am like a kid at the zoo when I go down there. Looking up and seeing the moon waxing half full between skyscrapers was awesome. The temperature perfect - that cold hoodie spring weather. I am so glad that season is fast approaching us. I looked out the window today and saw two robins playing around. One of them will no doubt be sitting on twigs and pieces of grass and straw in a tree sometime soon. Cannot believe it's already soon time to register for FA08 classes. This semester's already half way gone.

The last week still seems like a blur. Promised myself I would explain my deep tiredness. To explain, I will tell you that Isaac and I have been working on a Seniors tribute video production for the last few weeks. It was an 11 min. video with text, pictures, video and sound - very professional looking. I really enjoyed doing it, but in retrospect have disgustingly regretted acquiescing to do a project that late. It came down to actually burning the DVD while I was dressing for the banquet. We really were rushed for time and I promised myself I would never agree to do something that large so late in advance. Live and learn I suppose. We (I & S Productions) have premiered two movies in the past two months and have gotten excellent reviews. We're really very happy. To be doing things that we love to do, getting our name out, so that we can do more projects in the future. Kind of develop a good name so that our good name can develop our dreams.

I shall not bore you with all the editing details. Know this, a lot goes into it: Audio, visual, synching, importing, exporting, color correction, editing, text, pictures, music, and re-doing, and re-trying many things that would not cooperate with us. It was very stressful, but may all the glory go to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who was our strength when we were tired.

NOTE: Bloopers are tentatively being shown in chapel, Monday March 24, 2008. Do not miss this!

Going to late night to have lots of fun....all I can do is smile and leave.

-your happy chum,
-Sam

No comments: