Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Persecution, D-group, Easter Eggs & Passion

Excerpt from my notes in New Testament:
Sometimes I wonder how many of us would stick it out if we faced opposition. I know the wind and rain cause plants and trees to grow, and fire grows with the blowing wind. But what about us? What about me? (Some introspection here). We must have a God-focus. I wonder which among us would ultimately fall away, lag behind, quit, or give up. There are untold stories of the early church Christians that I think about. Okay, so eschatology does fascinate me, but come on! Christian persecution and opposition should stir us to greater things, turn the focus off ourselves and increase our trust in God.

So after two full days the rain has stopped. It turned into this thick wet snow which melted upon contact with the ground. All things must come to an end I suppose. D-group was very fun. Devotional was inspiring, food was awesome, and easter egg hunt was fun. Salami with cheese and crackers, sugar ball, (cream cheese, powdered sugar, crushed pineapple, sprinkles) cheesecurls, and mini candy bars! Mhmm!! I decided the best thing to do was to join the fun in the egg hunt. I really was scarred as a child...I never found as many eggs as everyone else. I just never understood why people should run like maniacs around the yard or house in search of eggs. Here were my rewards:


But I had fun tonight. I learned I should do my best, no matter what. Give the time I have right now to give the best of my energy all to the glory of God.

Lots of homework.
Big day tomorrow.
Fun weekend in store.

Passion. He had it. Do you?

-Sam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fun.
But how did they fit the suckers in the eggs?

Sam said...

there were some huge eggs. super size. it was cool.