Thursday, July 31, 2008

Agh, Almost August!

"Enjoy it while you can." He told me. He found out I was reading my Psychology textbook ahead of time so that I will have less collateral in 3 weeks when school starts. He was shaking his head in disbelief. He asked what I was studying, so I explained to him my youth ministry major and my music minor. I've probably had at least half a dozen people tell me to get ready for my sophomore year. Again, I mentally prepare for it to be hard. Anyway, he thought I was too studious. I laughed and told him that I have had plenty of fun this summer. I'm a college kid. I've learned to balance fun and studies. (At least I think...*smiles*) His general comments were to make sure I have fun when I'm young. He wished he could relive my days of youth. I suppose he's right in a sense. I most likely do not share his world view, and am not jumping at the chance to "live it up". However, I do agree that when I'm young I will be young. I'm convinced I will not grow up in my heart. You may see physical effects as I have more birthdays, but I will continue to be a proverbial kid at heart.

Symbol number eight spotted today. Love you. Oh yea, something's going on.

My garden tea that I'm drinking looks like beer. My mom made it. I poured some in a water bottle before I came to the fair today. I'm almost addicted to the stuff.



I love rainbow sherbet. Keith and I got together last night to flesh out the details for VBS. I, as the "real-live" Bob the Builder and my assistant, Billy "Buzz-saw" Bungler will provide a comedic relief each night. We're going to start out funny, make the spiritual application, boom, and end with comedy. Thursday night ends with Pastor introducing Billy into a relationship with Jesus Christ. We will be talking about the foundation, (framing) walls, roof, and the finishing touches, respectively. It's a construction themed VBS, which I'm glad to say I've had my experience in.

Chipotle's rocks. My usual bide is a carnitas (pulled pork) burrito. White rice, black beans, fresh tomatoes with some hot salsa, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and smoked tabasco self-sprinkled throughout. (I must be hungry.) Also purchased a doppio espresso at Starbucks Tuesday. It's a double shot with cream. It's a little strong; I ended up adding milk & sugar at home. I asked for espresso and milk, and they said the doppio would probably work for me. I was a little tired and wanted some "say-hello" coffee. I also received a coupon for a free vivanno smoothie the last time I went to Starbucks, so I got the orange mango banana flavor. I'd rate it a 5.3 out of 10. I'm sure it was healthy with 16g of protein and 5g of fiber, but it wasn't sweet enough for 250 calories. It was free, but would I buy it? No. And that's my food and drink review for the week.

Gas is 3.46 in Canton. Uh-huh!

I apologize Mr. Profitt, for using quotation marks like I shouldn't.

So long,
-Sam

2 comments:

Alanna said...

I don't care what the man says - do your collateral NOW! You will ever be grateful! Wish I had some to do! lol

The "beer" picture cracked me up. :)

You'll have to shoot some video of you and Keith doing VBS. I'm sure you both will be a hit! I'm going to miss Keith next year. He was always so kind and positive, and funny. :)

Mom's promised Chipotle for me and Andrew tomorrow. We like our burritos about the same - except I usually get mine in a bowl (less messy) and get chicken but I like the carnitas too. Instead of hot salsa mom and I get the corn salsa and guacamole whenever we want to splurge (which has been awhile). And chips are a MUST. I've gone and just gotten their chips to eat before (70cents!). Ok - I like Chipotle too! lol

And it looks like I haven't been to Starbucks in awhile. I've never heard of a doppio or a vivanno. Guess I'm a Panera girl now!

And now my gasoline story. This morning we drove by and it was $3.53, but we didn't stop cuz mom had to go to work. So when I went back out tonight to run a few errands, gas was $3.69! uggh! Needless to say, I just filled up $25.01 dollars worth. So enjoy the $3.46.

Ok, I think I have sufficiently responded to your post.
This is a book! And I haven't even told you about how I did my pictures on my blog! Goodness! :) I'll email. lol

Dorcas said...

What did you say was in that bottle???? It better be garden tea :o)) And I can't wait until Monday night to see "Bob the Builder" live in action! I can't believe it's time for VBS already. Summer is just about gone!!