Monday, July 28, 2008

Mother Was Concerned

I'm home alone today. She asked me yesterday if I could fend for myself as far as food is concerned. I told her, "Don't worry Mom. I've been doing that for a while." I woke up this morning and found a large list of things to do on the kitchen table. So I've fed the dog and cat, taken out the trash, watered the garden plants, cleaned windows, dried and folded laundry, cleaned the cooler, drove to the pharmacy, swept the garage, unpacked, got the mail, started painting the deck, and have made two meals for self.




So now I sit here classifying all you readers out there. Some of you won't even know that I've posted this week, or this month. Shame on thou. Others of you will be surprised to find that I've done it again. Still more of you will be pleasantly satisfied to see that I've updated and will read all new entries that you haven't read. And some of you, yes some of you, have been waiting for this moment, and will be delighted to know that once again I have blogged. Alas, I enjoy this.

Recently I've come back from Appalachian Youth Camp in Roxbury, PA. What an awesome week of fun! Someone asked me how this year compared to all others, and as a 9 year veteran I must say, it was better. I think each year my enjoyment level increases. I find it amusing how my popularity is spreading at camp. Amusing because it nots really something that I want, but I do enjoy it. My aim is to use it to promote Christ and not self. I had so much fun in Bible Bowl this year as well. Thank God for helping me win another year. To me it's amazing at the possibility of setting records in this competition at camp. God has blessed me - plain and simple. Also, Jeff Keaton was truly an incredible evangelist. I like his style, and the Holy Spirit really worked through him and the great topics he spoke on. Once again I come to another point in my summer where I can say, this has been the best of my summer so far. How overwhelmingly grateful I am for awesome friends of mine, for a truly incredible week at youth camp, and for the spiritual challenge and growth I experienced. This paragraph has no justice. Perhaps I will share more memories in entries to come.

The future holds a lot for me. In all these thoughts in my head I have been pondering many things. I am mentally preparing for the start of my sophomore year at college. It's difficult to believe that in just a few weeks I start year number 2. I've been talking on the phone with my friends recently and have kept busy doing things here at home. I plan to get some more collateral out of the way, and sooner or later I will be forced to begin packing. Wow. Next week I have an exciting, but creativity challenging part in VBS at my church.

And I hate saying this. Summer is draw nigh to a close.
Please don't weep. You'll make me sad.

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Moms are so cool. Always making sure we'll be ok. :) Your paragraph about your readers made me chuckle - you probably hit it right on. I like the paint pictures - neat and random.

Anonymous said...

Classifying people is egotistical.

Dorcas said...

AYC was super as usual this year up until Wednesday night when I got sick and still am fighting this horrible stuff. I didn't get very many pictures of some of my favorite people. The one's I did take will hopefully be posted this coming week in between VBS sessions!