Saturday, July 26, 2008

Love You

Crudely spray-painted symbols in white. There are seven of them, scattered randomly on a several mile stretch on State Route 93 - the road I live on and the road I most frequently travel. These symbols whom I'm sure most people in their normal oblivious mind would not observe as I have, are catching my attention and thoughts. I've only noticed and finally have counted today, seven symbols in white. This mysterious graffiti simply has a heart and the letter U underneath it. To me it seems like a proverbial message that some guy has painted for his girlfriend so that whenever she drives on this road she sees the symbols and is reminded of his love. Maybe it's too vivid of an imagination that I have, maybe it's my obvservant and curious mind, but it's just a mystery to me. And I like mysteries.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Must be a weekend for mystery. I started a mystery [book] (since Pride and Prejudice hasn't come in from the library), and you should check out "Diaries of a Detective Fiend" for another mystery blog. And with your home-town mystery - just a mysterious weekend I say. :) BTW I would love to see your list of recommended classics. I actually searched for some lists of classics online and decided that it is high time for me to read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. It's at the library ready for pick up. Just gotta go get it. Have you read it?

Dabbling Optimist said...

hey sam,
I think that's a fascinating thought... either the guy is seriously trying to get a message across to his girl... or there is this gang that uses that symbol to signal their fellow members as to their location. Hey what authors do you enjoy reading? I am reading a ton of agatha christie lately. Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot.