Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rain to Sunshine

Hi.

Not sure what to blog about.

Today's day of rain turned into a beautiful day of sunshine. (Why the weather?!?)

It's been a great weekend, but very wearying. Friday I finished up the concrete job. It was a short day, but worked pretty hard: felt inadequate. I've never done finishing work on concrete. It was an experience. - I went out of town and out of state Saturday for a family reunion near Pittsburgh. I don't quite know what to say about this. As a young adult with one...cousin to converse with proved to be tolerable. We ended up playing on the kids playground and swinging in these geriatric chair swings - That was fun.




(The only thing) I regret was my wearying week of work and waking up early, causing me to not be at my best. One nice thing was getting the opportunity to purchase a softball glove for youth camp because of last year's theft. I invested in a nice one and am very happy about it. I plan to condition and use it this week. I also was able to purchase several energy drinks for AYC. Oh, and I must pack as well. A lot of things on my list to do before camp: Packing, one project to complete, collateral reading, studying camp material, time with two friends, work possibility, a trip out of town, salmon dinner, witnessing in cleveland: saturday.

And here's the part where I ask God for strength.

The fields are the greenest of green. The sky is the prettiest blue. The sun is the brightest.

And now I am home.

1 comment:

Alanna said...

love the "geriatric swings" - and the pic of you in the monkey bars. just trying to imagine how long it took you to crawl in there!