Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cold, Damp, and Dismal Fades To Cool and Sunny, with Smiles

My current choice of body wash: Old Spice, Swagger.

My mother made these great pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes.

The trees have it together around here, they're actually falling asleep in good color.

Our dog is so cool. I love her.

Oh, I came home for the weekend, yea...

And took a walk last night in the rain. It was cold. You could see your breath.

The eager anticipation of Christmas makes me feel like a kid again.

That cinammony-apple-pumpkin smell in the house. My mom is so cool.

Chapped lips, chapstick. Dry skin, scentless lotion.

And I'm stealing her identity.

My uncle Paul, aunt Eileen, Pap-Pap and Grandma are coming from PA. We're going out to eat.

...But is this the reason why I'm happy?

6 comments:

Dwayne said...

If you're happy and you know it post a blog... Lol.

Why are you asking us if this is why you're happy? I could prob think of another couple reasons for it, but it seems like your more qualified to know yourself...

BUT SINCE YOU ASKED... Lol. I think you're happy because of your knowledge of good and evil. You pose a good question, and I'm inclined to have a follow-up conversation with you about it. Let's do it sometime.

With coffee. And chocolate.

Dwayne said...

OK, so I've totally changed my mind on that last comment. I think that you are aware of your happiness as a result of the knowledge of good and evil. Furthermore, I would say people are "happy" when they feel like they are aligned to their divine purpose (or perhaps it would be better to say their natural purpose). *Entire argument being gently yet quickly stuffed into a can*

Or it could be something else. Like quality time with special people. I dunno'.

Cease said...

I camped in the rain last night. I love cold weather camping. I was going to invite you but I remembered you were home...

Melissa Phelps said...

Glad ur happy.

What happened to the eucalyptus stuff? Or was that hand soap? :p

Don't steal anyone's identity -- You'll run into problems at the Khazistan border.

So Wallie was hiding something from me...

Dorcas said...

It was so good to have you home over the weekend! Heard we'll be seeing you again soon!!

Stanton said...

Nice post.

Not too random.

Ok...

Maybe a little.

But it's cool.

Being happy is...

Well...

Happy.