Friday, October 10, 2008

Eloquent Randomness

For all of you who were concerned, nay worried about my current state I can truthfully assure you that I am not depressed, and that I am squeaking by with enough sleep. Contrary to the earlier posted seemingly conflicting pictorial evidence, which happens only to be an artistic expression of my habitual early morning activity.

Moving on, I am frustrated with the trees - or rather the lack of cooperative cold weather which causes the trees to fall asleep in a blaze of colorful glory, unlike humans.
Homecoming is this weekend which means almost nil to me right now. I have helped with the Main St. booth a bunch and have had much fun graffitiing. I also look forward to the Ministerial Division shirts that will be coming out.

Homework is pretty steepy for me right now; I feel a figurative pile of time-consuming work sits in front of me, taunting menacingly. A silent stare down - no silliness, and no sticking out of tongue. My brain spins as I try to embrace the complex infrastructure of the Greek language. As Osprey has so intelligently put it: It's like you are making your way through a cave in thick fog.

Bring on the apple cider and the carved watermelons. And let's go scare a scarecrow!

-Sam
Fall Fell

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"steepy" - Good word! :) As for Greek, hang in there. You will reach the edge of the forest in time.

Megobuddy said...

All this talk of "steepy" homework has reminded me of something - Mr. Miles asked in one of my classes last semester that he would really like to hear from students about their homework load and stress levels.

He said that Christians really shouldn't be as stressed as us college students are, and if he can do anything about it he would like to help in this area. I would definitely consider talking to him about your guys' (ministerial students) work load.

*stands up on soap box*
It is utterly ridiculous the amount of homework you guys get. I'm not really sure how it is in other divisions, but I know that the ministerial students get hit hard with hours of homework. I know you mentioned that you are not depressed (I never even had the notion that you were), but I do believe it could be easy for you, and any other student with the same capacity of homework, to become derpressed. It seems you are managing pretty well for now...but for how long, HOW LONG!!!!
*steps down off of soap box*

Anyways, just thought I would share a few thoughts. Good luck with the homework!

Melissa Phelps said...

So is the cave full of stallegtites and stallacmites? Are you blind-folded? Are there monsters hiding here and there? Is it the one Andy and Barney and Thelma Lou and Ms. Crump got lost in?