Thursday, October 23, 2008

These Are The Headlines

Truth be told, I actually don't like politics.

And I find it ironic that I'm tired of everyone talking about how great fall is, yet I myself am enjoying this cold weather, the woodsmoke, and the pumpkin carving I did last night.

Hmm.

"I mean even I myself am having some yuletide doubts. But maybe if we could reunite with the Who's..." said Cindy Lou.
The Grinch cut her off and mocked her,
"But maybe if we could reunite with the Who's...Oh, grow up!" The Grinch growled.

It was cold this morning, and as I walked onto main campus I looked and saw the sky glowing with color. Did I mention it was cold? I wore my jeans, hoodie, scarf, and beanie. And for the first time in a long time, much to my delight, I could see my smokey breath this morning. 9 of us went to the Coffee Emporium. And I just feel lovely now...

Ah, yes, October!

7 comments:

Becky Arnold said...

It's been cold enough to see your breath up here for a while. I wasn't too thrilled, it got that cold before even half of the trees turned colors. Anywhooo, just thought I would leave a comment. Have fun in cincy.

Dwayne said...

I think we should plan a grinch party... Seems like it could be fun.

Melissa Phelps said...

I'm so nominating you for Holiday CheerMeister at the next Whobilation!

Anonymous said...

dwayne would be a great grinch...:)
-brent

Stanton said...

Coffee Emporium at 7am... fun stuff.

Dwayne said...

OK, so this is slightly off topic, but a question I've been meaning to ask for awhile. Is the runner on the beach in your profile pic you? Seems like there could be a good story there...

Sam said...

Hm, maybe a good story. here ya go: The profile picture is actually a picture of Sam, running on a cement pier, at the end of which is a lighthouse which you cannot see in the picture. The picture is two summers old. So truth be told, it's not a beach, but it is Sam, running. Lake Michigan is in the background, and I changed the shadow from black to white.