Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Already Into Tomorrow

Well I'm into the next day and still with lots of homework to go. I've got a latte with two shots next to me. It's almost 1am. Today was a bit stressful and busy. I never rested once. I normally take a nap with my two free periods, but not today. Strenuous! It really never ended today. I'm still going. Lab tonight was interesting, and what I mean by that is uneventful. I thank God for the friends that I have. The kind who after a long day say, "Hey, lets go somewhere." Starbucks was the choice. Two songs flew through my head tonight. I So Hate Consequences: "And I'm good, good, good to go. Gotta get away. Get away from all of my mistakes" & College Kids: "Someone please save us - Us college kids - What my parents told me is what I did - They said go to school and be a college kid - But in the end I question why I did - Not for me, not for me - Call it tortue - Call it university - Arts and crafts is what I need - I'll take calligraphy and then I'll make a fake degree." Now before you go a'thinking...this is not how I feel at all, but it certainly helps to explain and give a picture that there are some tough times where we become apathetic and say, "I don't care. I want points!" We college kids sometimes are just loaded down (academically, mentally, spiritually)...and honestly that's how I felt tonight...and then I am reminded to wait on the Lord, and he will renew my strength. I will mount up with wings like eagles and soar. I will walk and not faint. "Do not fear. I will help you. Do not be afraid. I will hold you with my right hand."

That's all I need

-Sam

What do you need?

2 comments:

Angie said...

Mr.Sam!! Nice post! This was encouraging to me today. Just being able to rest in Gods promise that , when I cannot make it on my own, he will carry me.
Thanks!!!
have a great day!! =)
Ang

Stanton said...

Calligraphy can take you oh so many places :)