Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Winter Waiting

Yes, I wash my dishes at 2:45 in the morning! [To self] Top ten signs you know you're in college...

I have been waiting on the storm to arrive. Right now it just seems like we're getting the wingtips of it. I have gone to the hall, several times, pulled down the blinds a little bit and looked to see if the snow had arrived yet. I'm still waiting. Oh, if they would just cancel classes tomorrow. My three tests would temporarily disappear. I have hoped for the best, and prepared for the worst. Yes, I want the snow to come. I do not yet feel justified. Our winter has been miserly. Bring on the snow!

And may God bless all of you summer lovers with warm winter coats.

Goodnight.

2 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

wish granted!

Alanna said...

" 'And now for the latest on school closings... The following Public school systems will be closed today: Anderson County, Baldwin County, Butler County, Canberry County, Cam...bur County, Camp...bell County...'
And with those two words, the radio announcer made my day. YES! Oh YEAH! OH YEAH! YES! WAHOO! SNOW DAY! Yee Haw! You know there is nothing quite like the feeling of a snow day. It is like a suprise holiday. *Snow, Snow, How Alex loves snow...snow, snow, how Alex loves snow. Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow...* "

-- Sentiments of Alex Jefferson on "Snow Day" Adventures in Odyssey

(my sentiments too!)