Thursday, February 7, 2008

Doughnuts

Doughnuts....ahh, those heavenly things. Clouds of sweetness covered with sugar, things that are sharply destroyed, sliced by the teeth, slicing and conforming its soft dough to the pressure of my jaws. Okay, so today was Student Development day. (That's for all of you who didn't know what today was.) In the beginning I thought it was some weird...administration "we-care-about-our-students" session, which in the end is...exactly what it turned out to be. What I mean is that if you were there, Miss V spoke awesomely. Inwardly I stand for an ovation and salute her. In what we call our 'holiness movement circle' No one ever says anything about it. The silent topic. Oh no...sex. And then Mr. Miles had some very good quotes, below is one,

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -Marianne Williamson

I shall comment briefly and then leave. Basically, we have a false sense of humility because of our insecurity, and Satan uses it to our disadvantage. Essentially, our desire for the good and the right causes us to not live life fully alive."

Arguments?

Got a call yesterday from Mr. P asking me if I had ever done any video work or anything like that. After a yes explanation he asked me if Isaac and I could do a video for Student Development Day. ["Why do we do, what we do?" "I don't know"]The great news is that this is our dream, doing video work, but the bad news is that they only gave us 18 hours until the showing. We filmed it that evening and did five hours of editing. I went to bed at 600 and woke up at 830. I was kinda nervous about the showing, putting our work onto the screen for everyone to see, but it went great. I guess my point here is this: Our dreams sometimes are buried, but later they are rebirthed. When I surrendered everything I had to God and gave him all my dreams and desires and told him that I would be and do what he wanted me to, it was really me emptying my hands and my God filling them with better, greater things. I now see my dream rising from the ground. Forgive me for being all transparent. My calling is to be a youth pastor. Young people are at the heart of what I love to do, and who I love minstering to, but deep down those dreams I have, I have learned that God has created me with a deep love for creative design, art, photography, videography and the such. Summary: It is when we surrender that God rewards.

She sits eating chocolate cake
Perched on a napkin
Resting in her hand
With a translucent green fork
Poised from her fingers

"You know Sam, I really don't know and I really don't care." -SKW

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good stuff--good stuff

Phil & Sue Arnold said...

I LOVE doughnuts! Chocolate ones! Hmmm. Sue

Ike said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Here, here.