Friday, February 1, 2008

Contemplative

It's a cold dreary day out there
And I am in here
I have been out there
The weather's not friendly
Today
Not jerky, just rude and arrogant

So I am sitting here taking a break from homework to blog. You can see how distracted I get. Anyhoo. I'm fish sitting this weekend for Becky. And I have an inability to say that word, which is bad! Anyway, Winston and Oliver are their names. Winston is orange and white and is larger than Oliver. He's active and swims around all the time. Oliver is the shy one. He is gold and is just content with finding new things on the bottom of the bowl. I have had much enjoyment just watching them swim around.


Okay I have noticed a lot of guys just staring out the window, [And I must confess I do it too sometimes] but we must have some very contemplative students here at God's Bible School. It seems that all the time when I exit or enter my room I am seeing someone just stare out the window at the end of the hall, which is five steps from my door. Like I said I do it too, either in the morning just looking at the sunrise, or when I am on the phone. I must admit it does give a very good view for the deep in thought, the bored, or the lonely. (It just gives you so many things to look at) And oddity of all oddities, I found muddy footprints on main campus today! Very cool looking and mysterious. No, unlike the girls in the girls dorm, we do NOT have binoculars. So whatever you're thinking as you stare out the window, think away! Just had to comment on that.



I have gotten four comments on my hair. #1 was from Mr. Shin. (pronounced Sin) he gestured with his finger and told me that my hair needed cut. #2 was from Miss Barr who asked if anyone had told me to cut my hair yet. #3 was from Miss McVey who asked if I was going with the "Frodo" look #4 was from Miss Stewart who said "You need to cut your hair!" and told me that I looked like a hobbit. Which I thought was very cool. So no, I shall wait another week to cut my hair, and then I shall shock the wits out of most.



No, the weather is definitely not friendly today. It's spitting snow now, and whipping up a storm.

I shall move on to more homework now, afterwards to help Mr. Proffit move. Which is the 2nd time in two weeks that I've helped someone move. (Kinda fun actually!)

-Sam

3 comments:

Stanton said...

It gives one a sense of... disorientation.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the view while you can. Most students will allow time to overtake them, causing the view to seem dull. While driving back from Wal-Mart one clear evening in the Fall of '06, I realized that I had grown used to the view of Cincinnati with all of its dazzling lights. How sad. Ever since that realization I make it a point to enjoy the small things that our fair city has to offer. Ah, the small things in life.

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't get a buzz. Buzzes are just ...wrong.