Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Heart

Well, tomorrow is Anti-Singles Day, or Valentines Day as most of you like to call it. Happy loving to all you couples out there. I am content with being patient. No really. Maybe I look like a guy who's got it all together, but it's hit me hard and God has had to teach me a lot about relationships. Therefore, I am developing discernment and practicing patience amid a sea of crazed couples here on campus. Not to mention the shocking comments on couples and Valentines Day made by President Avery in chapel today. He is Mr. Matchmaker at his best. I must confess I wish I had the time to elaborate on "the true meaning of Valentine's Day" like I would on the meaning of Christmas, but I shall leave the research up to you. I know I will sound cheesy, but I will say it anyway. Jesus is my valentine, and I have plenty of friends for valentines. So no thank you Hallmark Card Company, no thank you Hersheys, and no thank you Mr. Avery. Wait, forget what I said about Hershey's.

"We need to learn this secret of the burning heart...The burning heart - a heart that can go through anything. It is the simple, dreary day, with is commonplace duties and people, that smother the burning heart - unless we have learned the secret of abdiding in Jesus....If the spirit of God has stirred you, make as many of your decisions as possible irrecovable, and let the consquences be what they will. We cannot stay forever on the "mount of transfiguration," basking in the light of your mountaintop experience. But we must obey the light we recieved there; we must put it into action. When God gives us a vision, we must transact business with Him at that point, no matter what the cost." -The Burning Heart, Oswald Chambers

I was stirred as Mr. Klotz read Chambers in tonight's D-group. My prayer is, "Father, I want a heart that burns."

Call your mom. Tell her you love her.

-Samuel

1 comment:

Leanna said...

Amen! Lets here it for all the single and happy people out there. Wahoo!