Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Okay, I've Had Enough

I love the weather in northeastern Ohio. Ever since I got home I have watched the snow fall every day and enjoyed it immensely. In fact when I was on the phone today I was getting sick of it and just wanted to go outside and build a snowman or jump into the snow and just lay there. The only part of me that justifies not going out is the many things I have to do and the fact that I am going sled riding tomorrow so i will do it then. It's a horrible feeling - that feeling of adulthood. Where I'd just love to go out and play in the snow like a kid. Most everything inside of me just yells out, "I'm a kid at heart." So that's my vindication, and what a good notion - however old you get, never be too old to play in the snow!


Perhaps you may/may not have heard about it, but there is a bit of a local kerfuffle in my hometown area. My mother is following the sentencing religiously. Local former policeman murdered his nine month pregnant girlfriend by strangling her to death. It's a really sad story. I guess what bewilders me is how closely my mom is tracking the whole ordeal, listening to the radio for the final trial/sentence proceedings, the press conferences, etc. She even encourages us to turn it on and listen, which I think is a little too much. But I suppose its the fact that it's a local cop and a local story that arouses her interest, and the interest of her family, and even the entire town. Nothing peaks curiosity like a local story on crime that hits home. It's even on the front page of CNN.com - he was sentenced 57 years to life today escaping the death penalty. What I find very ironic is how the prosecution was so tight about the life of an unborn child and yet most of our society is okay with the fact that millions of unborn children are already purposefully murdered each year. *raises eyebrows*

Oh and another thing that makes me laugh and amuses me: we've been getting political calls on our answering machine. You know, those spiels on who to vote for. "Hope for America!" Ha.

We gotta phone call...church was cancelled tonight due to bad weather. I think I will go outside and play in the snow *smiles*

-Sam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you raised our eyebrows?
interesting..
uhm. yehh.
i hate the weather here.
honestly.

Anonymous said...

yehh.
that was supposed to be your.
not our.

Melissa Phelps said...

The chairperson recognizes the gentleman from northeastern ohio... I really enjoyed the snow too :) Played in it for a very long time with my bro and sis and people from my chuch.
Dude and that cop, Cutts was it? Did you hear his explanation of how the girl died? He "accidently" hit her with his elbow in the throat. You'd think a cop could do better.