Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy today, somewhere in the middle of winter

I appreciate this day.

I first heard Dr. Phil speak on modesty this morning [PCL2] and heard him say things that a friend of mine and I discussed very recently and said to myself, "It's about time." 2nd period: I preached for the first time in Intro. to Homiletics and it went very well. Third period we had no quiz and watched a video. Now that constitutes a good class. Fourth: Physical Science test, which was not all that hard. At lunch today I sat down with Mel, Mr. Profitt, and Dr. Phil, talked about conjugating the word 'text', and dying to self. Was surprised when Dr. Phil complimented me on the quality of my homework in his class. Humbled me to know that what I did was 'beyond average' I intend to use my God-given intelligence for His glory. Speaking again in Teen Power this evening: same topic as my sermon, but I will bring it from a college level to a teen level, add more application.

It's cold outside today - typical of winter. The wind is extra fierce - made my eyes water.

Here's a quote from my roommate. Enjoy!

"I can’t resist a good cheesecake. I can’t resist a good nap. So goodbye cruel world." -Nolan Sams

-Sam McConkey

2 comments:

Alanna said...

It is nice when you know the teacher appreciates your work. You try to do good all of the time, but when you realize that they notice, it makes you work harder. At least that is how it is with me! Hope you have an awesome break!!

P.S. I agree with Nolan! :)

Melissa Phelps said...

You say the snow made your ears water? :p So, I think you need to put up an after pic of the haircut.

Conjugation of text:
I text
I texted
I am texting

What is hard about this?