Saturday, January 17, 2009

011609 - Mission: C6389 (Codename: Random Adventure)

In the spirit of spirits, whose spirits linger in the spirit of friendship, we rendezvoused @ 18:30 for an evening anticipated by much excitement. (This emotion was no shock to us) First on the fun itinerary was a trip to (Classified) Park. There the urge to chase deer was resisted by me, and after said resistance instructed everyone to get out of the car. Tattoo thought surely I was going to line them all up and shoot them, but no, never fear, I, in an even more mysterious manner pulled a box from the trunk and again told them to follow. Once to park grill, I pulled charcoal bag out, doused said charcoal in happy fluid and Tattoo with much excitement (and this excitement leading to failure in correctly lighting phosphorus tipped stick) eventually was able to light the fire, and with a little more happy fluid, and short screams from female agents, we stood warming ourselves in the freezing cold by this fire. It is then that Oreo lamented the lack of marshmallows.

After pictures to document said mission, we left this place and traversed in gold sedan to Location 2: CE/HP. Credit Oreo for mission idea and Falcon for reconnaissance of this locale. CE/DT is our normal pick-up, however, we have found CE/HP to be quite satisfact'ry. (Sat'sfac'try is said in Brit'sh accent) There we merried ourselves with photography, laughter and stories. Added to this merriment was my beverage of Costa Rican coffee. We also pondered giving Untitled the title of Trapper. (She has a lovely green scarf, fit for Ireland.) "Here, lit'l leprachaun...No! Bring the pot'o'gold with ye." She does not agree to this correspondent name, will suit name later. My deepest apologies to the ladies and gents of whom we disrupted their lives by our merriment at this CE location. Also, our deepest apologies to Fluffy and Ginger: may the lives of a thousand coyotes be slain in your honor! Apparently (according to the sign, which happened to strike fear in my heart) there's a coyote problem at Location 2.

While forgetting to vote upon the next stop in our 3 stop adventure, we agreed (in a friendly manner, with no violence) that rendezvous point BN should be our destination, since we were content with coffee breath and not famished of heart nor stomach. Enjoyment was had of picture books, pop-ups, and a book on Ireland for dummies, (which I wonder why there's never any books for smart people!) of which I found the only enjoyment in learning Irish slang. Ask for a lift, not a ride! And I'm not taking the leak out of ya! Convos were pleasant, engaging, thoughtful, and delightful there. Once grouped, we viewed a little sarcasm and we, (Untitled, Falcon, Oreo, Tattoo and Osprey) with smiles on lips, warm hearts, and cold bodies, blew smoke into the air as we ended the evening.

As Bill Harris as so eloquently said: "There are worse things in life than having fun."

5 comments:

Lil Joe... said...

Mission: Impossible...
*insert witty theme music here.

your post made me feel merry and bright.
*warm fuzzies

Melissa Phelps said...

I think the leave time was 1830 hours... revezvous time was 1809 (apparently. I arrived at 1824

What did fluffy look like before he was eaten?

Alanna said...

You went to all the trouble of buying charcoal and matches and taking them to a park and you forgot marshmellows?!? They are so insulted.

Blast code names. Still trying to figure them out. lol

Anonymous said...

To keep this Top Secret Mission a further secret I will, hence, post anonymously.
I think I like "Trapper." However, you must remember that Leprechauns really do freak me out. And if I happened upon one in the Land O'Green I might just scream and run. Yes, "Trapper" would work, though, for the sake of this memory.
"Untitled" makes me feel too invisible and insignificant, which messes with my self-worth as a human being.
(But, if ever in need of higher security consider that my second code name.)

Stanton said...

A hearty laugh was enjoyed at the thought of the scarf bait.

Definitely a fan of CE/HP.