Friday, January 2, 2009

Blogging from a Hotel

Something I haven't done in a while. Comfort Suites. Monaca, PA, just outside of Pittsburgh. High in the mid 30's today and I'll be dressing in black and going out into the cold and snow for the funeral. I have successfully been able to avoid a lot at the viewing. What really bothers me about all this is what well meaning people say to you. First of all, they know me and I don't know them. This bothers me. Second, they offer up predictable cliches about what a great guy he was. Fortunately, he lives up to the comments made after his death. If I get the nerve I post more later about him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your pain, Sam. All of you. Know that I'm praying for you all today. Sometimes cliches are the only things we know to say... even though we hate how hollow they sound in our own ears. Recognize the hearts of those who say these things to you. You are loved.

Dorcas said...

I think people mean well but just don't know how to express themselves at a time like that!! We're praying for your family!!