Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I've Never Checked the Forecast So Much

If I were at home, I might take a ruler or yardstick out onto the front yard and measure the frozen precipitation. Random. Just to give you a semi-accurate account of the amount of snow received. Since I'm on the 4th floor of a dorm in Cincinnati, I shall not do that this time. However, we've gotten pounded with snow and ice in the last two days here.


This makes me happy. We've had two days off school as a benefit as well. Once again, the adventuresome group of Tattoo, Oreo, Trapper, Osprey, Falcon and Black Owl decided to be adventurous and trekked 1.2 miles through the snow to Panera. We did homework, ate, attempted to stay warm, dried our boots by the fire, and played a game. Much kudos (or as they say in the Greek "κυδος") to Black Owl for his muggable trek back to pick us up.

Due to Day 2's level 3 Snow Emergency issued in Cincinnati, we created our own Coffee Emporium in the Student Center. We did homework and played Scrabble. Crude. Rains. Pixies. Squire. Proven. Leaden. Jot. Gold. Bath. Bins. Stakes. Wider. Yews. Qua.





And I've enjoyed it all. Thank you God for the "bad" weather.

3 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...

The coffee wasn't quite up to CE par. And the music sure was different. But the company was in no way wanting.
Ryan is dope for walking in the icy rainy stuff to get a car. I pray much many heaps of blessings on him.

Lil Joe... said...

Let us all rise up and call him 'blessed'.

*gettup sound coming from chairs...

"blessed!!!!"

Stanton said...

You forgot "zit." 22 points with one tile - not bad. (I can brag cause I didn't win anyway lol.) Fun times.

And about the second picture... ha ha