Thursday, April 24, 2008

Adriana

Honey roasted cashews: they are so good. I'm sitting here at my desk with a cup of sweet tea, finishing paper number three. I am also happy to announce that I have just named my black Mac computer: Adriana. It means 'dark'. She has served me faithfully for months and I decided it was finally time to name her. I also have names for my ipod: Neo, my pillow: Carlisa, my car: Toby, my rubber duckie: Chino, and my monkey: Mr. Mo Heckles.


Today was the Spring Picnic at which we were required to have fun, as authorized by the Vice President of Student Affairs. I did, at least in the painful sense, "Ow, that hurt, but that was so much fun!" I seem to have a knack for hitting my head these past two days. I got hit in the face twice with the basketball last night, and today I got my face hit by Pinky's cleat as I was making a play at first base. I also fired a home run to left center but incidentally ran my face smack into the catcher as she backed up to catch the incoming ball at home plate. My nose is still sore, my face hurts, my head is sore, my sinuses ache, but I'm still smiling. It was quite...refreshing, being able to be out in the sun today and acquire that rosy hue to my face and forearms. I played softball, frisbee and went boating. Much fun!

I shall stop procrastinating now and go finish my paper.

-Sam

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Mr. Mo Heckles? There has to be a story about that one!

Sarah said...

So glad to hear that you now have a name for your computer! I like it