Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring and Stuff. What?

It is so beautiful today. Stop! Have you paid attention to the weather recently? Now hating small talk, this is the last topic I actually want to talk about, but I just wanted to let all of you hibernators know that now is the time to emerge!


Decided to do my homework outside today, by the fountain. I just decided that I wanted to enjoy the God-given weather. I am. The sunshine. The light wind. It's The soft roar of the water fountain which occasionally spits drops of water my way, or flicks a shot of misty water when the wind picks up. Who can argue with 71 degree weather? It is absolutely and thoroughly enjoyable out here. The campus is abuzz with people going here and there. Maintenance is working hard at beautifying this campus. So the grass is actually green now,


and the trees are budding - that makes me happy.

In recourse, I must confess my hesitation in all this joy of spring time because I have allergies which will soon begin to effect me with all this grass, trees and pollen coming to life.
Melatonin - that's what they call it. It's a hormone that the body generates when the body is exposed to sunshine. This hormone produces feelings of happiness and general contentment (similar to hormonal feelings of being "in love"). So now you know why you like this weather so much.
I also observed that (myself included) many people are wearing green today. [Okay, random!] May I again comment on how quickly the semester is coming to an end? A few more weeks and it'll be over. Now for some of you that's very scary, for others its a joy beyond compare.
I cannot recount all of what's happened over the past few days in which I had good intentions to blog about things that have happened, but due to busyness I have not. It's really a curse here at college: busyness. I have (regrettedly) gotten four hours of sleep in two nights previous and last night acquired a meager six hours to which afterwards I woke up 3 minutes before my first class started this morning. But things are good, in spite of the fact that I should be sleeping right now, I have been doing very well disciplining myself and God has really blessed the times when we spent time together. My advice? Don't get discouraged. Go outside and enjoy the weather. Spend some time talking with God and getting quiet listening to him.

Enough for now.

-Sam

Oh, and that little bird still sits at the corner of the dorm and sings. I wish he would sing his heart out.

5 comments:

Sam said...

This post appears to be proof of the failure of my brain cell to function properly on a daily basis. Please forgive me.

Anonymous said...

so true

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leanna said...

O Sam, I wouldn't go as far as to say that. I'd say your brain cell was doing pretty well when you posted this.

Anonymous said...

I liked the post! In fact I was wearing green when I read it. ;)